Dessert lasagna is all the rage and caramel apples are my absolute fave at the fair–I just wish they wouldn’t hurt my teeth when I’m biting them!
This recipe has a soft and creamy cheesecake center with a layer of apple pie filling smothered in cool whip, all resting on top of a crunchy oatmeal cookie crust! It literally could not get any easier or tastier!
- 1 pouch (17.5 ounces) oatmeal cookie mix + ingredients required on the pouch
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 12 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 cups apple pie filling
- 2 boxes vanilla instant pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake cookies according to package directions, then cool completely.
- In a food processor, blitz half the baked cookies until they become coarse crumbs. Transfer to a medium bowl, then continue blitzing the remaining half of cookies to coarse crumbs and add to the bowl. Mix in the melted butter until well-combined. Press the cookie mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish, then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and ½ cup of the caramel sauce with a hand mixer until smooth. Gently fold in 2 cups of the Cool Whip until well-combined, then spread evenly over the prepared crust. Top evenly with the the apple pie filling.
- In another mixing bowl, beat together the pudding mixes and milk for about 2 minutes, or until thick. Scoop over the apple layer, spreading evenly, then spread the remaining Cool Whip over. Cover and chill 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, slice into squares and drizzle caramel sauce on top. Enjoy!
Here’s how to make it: