Let’s be honest, the last thing you want to do at the end of a busy day is to spend hours making dinner. You have laundry to do, kids to take care of and a glass of wine that needs your attention. This Garlic Butter Shrimp and Rice recipe is what you make when you’re looking for a delicious meal that comes together quick. Twenty minutes is all you need to have this tasty dish on the table.
To make this dish you’re going to want to use a large skillet that will hold all the ingredients (everything gets tossed into the one pan). We used the Ballarini Treviso Sautee Pan with Lid. This white ceramic non-stick fry pan will be one of your most impressive kitchen items! It works with gas, electric and induction stove tops AND is dishwasher safe! Added bonus: everything looks beautiful when cooked on the white surface.
- 1 cup dry rice
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3-4 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 bag extra large, cooked, peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp skim milk
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shredded parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
- Prepare rice according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. You don’t want to burn the garlic.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add prepared rice to the skillet and mix until well combined.
- Add cheese, milk, parsley, salt and pepper; mix and stir for 1 to 2 minutes, or until creamy and heated through.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with parmesan cheese.
Serve and enjoy!
Written by Ashley Ruess and originally published on Shared.