Forget going out for egg rolls and make your own at home! These Pork and Vegetable Crispy Baked Egg Rolls are so tasty and make the perfect appetizer for a party. Since they’re baked instead of fried they have a delicious crispy outside with way less of the grease.
When making this recipe you’re going to want to make sure that you have a big enough pan to hold all the sliced veggies and ground pork. We used the Ballarini Firenze Wok and it did a great job of frying up all the veggies and meat, without feeling like it was overfilled. Also, the non-stick surface make the cooking and cleanup a breeze. If you love egg rolls as much as I do, then this recipe is a definite must-try!
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup green cabbage, sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 slice of bacon, chopped
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Additional sesame oil for brushing once egg roll is wrapped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the olive oil and sesame oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sliced cabbage, shredded carrot and chopped green onions to the pan. Cook and stir for about 1 minute.
- Next add the garlic, ginger, bacon and ground pork. Break the meat up into pieces and stir until the pork is completely cooked through and no longer pink. Set mixture aside and let cool.
- Once the mixture has cooled, scoop 1/4 cup into an egg roll wrapper.
- Fold two opposite corners towards the middle and roll it up (like a burrito).
- Once rolled, place the egg rolls on the parchment lined baking sheet and brush with sesame oil.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. They should be golden brown when done. Serve warm and enjoy!
Written by Ashley Ruess and originally published on Shared.