The rice krispy pinwheels are the perfect treat for a birthday party, holiday party or special night at home. Our original recipe called to use marshmallow fluff as the inside “stuffing” but after some testing (and taste testing) we found that using cream cheese frosting was not only more delicious, but easier to spread and held up better outside in the heat.
Have fun making these pinwheels treats – they’ll be gone before you know it!
- 10 oz miniature marshmallows
- 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 jar cream cheese frosting
- Jar of red, white & blue sprinkle stars
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Line a 10″x15″ pan with waxed paper. Spray the waxed paper with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine marshmallows and 1/4 cup of butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and heat on high for 30 seconds, stir. Repeat until completely blended.
- Stir cereal & graham cracker crumbs into marshmallow bowl.
- Very firmly press/squish mixture into prepared pan (it’s ok if they crunch a bit).
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to firm up.
- Thinly spread cream cheese frosting on top using a spatula.
- Sprinkle on red white & blue star sprinkles.
- Roll up like a cinnamon roll, starting on the long side. Peel away the waxed paper as you roll. Pinch the seams together.
- Place seam side down. Sprinkle more sprinkles on outside of the roll for additional color; may need to gently press them in so they stick.
- Refrigerate for 20-25 minutes to further firm up.
- Slice like a loaf of bread, about thumb width.