Your party is almost here–don’t panic! I have the perfect, quick and easy dessert for your party’s spread.
These shooters have the perfect blend of white chocolate and champagne! And let me tell you–it’s one of the most delicious combinations I have ever tried. Along with being super yummy, 2 bites and your done! Nobody wants to party with too much in their tummies!
For white chocolate champagne cheesecake:
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup champagne
- 1 package, 8 oz, cream cheese, softened
- graham crackers, 2 sleeves, crushed
For gold cherries:
- cherries, one for each shooter
- 1 square white chocolate candiquik
- 1/2 tsp vegetable shortening
- gold glitter sprinkles
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the white chocolate chips and heavy cream. Stir occasionally, until the chips are melted and smooth. This may take up to 10 minutes, but keep the heat on low or a little higher than low.
- Once melted, remove the pan from the heat and add in the champagne and stir well. Allow it to cool on the counter for 15 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is cool, combine the melted chocolate and softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Beat using an electric mixer until the mixture is smooth and no lumps remain. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Crush the graham crackers. I like to break them up and put them inside 2 ziploc bags (to ensure the crumbs don’t get out) and use my rolling pin to crush them. Once crushed, add 2 tbsp of graham cracker crumbs to each glass.
- Transfer a little bit of the cheesecake mixture to a piping bag and pipe the cheesecake into each glass. Refill the piping bag as needed. *You could just spoon the cheesecake into the glasses, but I think piping it makes the filling look a little fancier.
- If you plan to serve them later, refrigerate and be sure to cover the glasses with plastic wrap or tin foil. Top each glass with a gold cherry or gold tinsel ball before serving.
For gold cherries:
- Pour the gold sprinkles in a very small bowl.
- Wash and dry the cherries. Melt 1 square of white chocolate candiquik with vegetable shortening in the microwave for 1 minute on 50% power. Continue to microwave on 50% power in 20 second intervals until the chocolate is melted.
- Dip one cherry at a time in the melted chocolate, allowing the excess chocolate to fall back into the bowl.
- Then dip each cherry into the bowl with gold sprinkles. You may have to shake or rotate the sprinkles to get them to cover all of the chocolate. Place on a plate to harden.
Written by Michael Bednarz and originally published on Shared.